The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Bagel boiling appliance?

Yaquddusbagel's picture

Bagel boiling appliance?

howdy what is this called and where can I purchase a used one please.

MichaelLily's picture

I do believe that is a steam jacket.

Yaquddusbagel's picture

I thought so as well but the sides are so thick compared to these 
pmccool's picture

around the middle.  The kettle in the first picture may be jacketed all the way to the rim. 


Yaquddusbagel's picture

I see,  was neglecting to add the jacket part in my search.   I was just looking under steam kettle.  Thanx for your time.

pearlofeu's picture

Hi there,


could you please check my Q about bagel in the general section please? Looks like you are pretty experienced in making. Thanks.

Fernhorn Farm's picture
Fernhorn Farm

That looks just like the boiler I used to use 25 years ago when I was a bagel baker. Just a giant pot essentially. Ours was gas fired with thick insulated walls made from stainless steel.