Awesome Blueberry Muffins!
I just found a recipe that I have been using for a couple weeks for blueberry muffins. They have turned out AMAZING every time. I haven't tried too many recipes, but I think I have found one I am sticking with already.
I have made them with and without the crumb top and they are great either way. I recommend doubling the recipe as the small number (half dozen) they make don't last long enough.
Anyway, here is the Recipe if anybody is interested.
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
PS It is from allrecipes.com so I am sure many people have already seen it, but I thought I would share for those that are looking for a good recipe. I just use brown sugar for the topping instead of white because it is much better. Also the vanilla isn't needed, but it is up to you to add it or not.
I'll give them a try. Thanks :)
Actually, these should be delicious. The proportions (high fat and sugar content) qualifies them to be in the cake category. Yum!
Haha, yes they have a good amount of sugar/fat in them with the crumb top. If you leave that off, the muffins are still great but not quite as bad for you :)